What are Kinderhotels and where can I find them?
- You can find the famous Kinderhotels in Austria, Germany, Croatia, Italy, and Portugal. Although most hotels are in the Austrian Alps.
- All hotels are purely dedicated to families with children. They are in fact almost a kids amusement park in itself. Endless fun and possibilities, offering childcare so that the parents also get some rest. Most have extensive indoor and outdoor playgrounds, pools, game centers, theatre classes, horse riding, etc. Wellness centers and spas for the parents, and young adults.
- The ideal age for kids in most hotels is between 3 and 12 years old, however, there are activities for children of all ages, even for babies and toddlers.
- We recommend booking your hotel on Booking.com. We’ll provide you with all the necessary links below, and include deals where possible.
- Kinderhotels are the perfect combination of a mega-fun vacation for your kids, combining it with some relaxing wellness and spa treatments, and activities for the whole family.
Kinderhotels in Austria
Achenkirch 114, 6215 Achenkirch, Austria
One of Europe’s leading hotels for children. The award-winning Familienparadies Sporthotel Achensee offers all kinds of (sports) activities for families. Facilities include a climbing wall, a cinema, a theater, a magician school, and a kids nightclub. There is a spa area with 2 indoor pools, a natural outdoor swimming pond with a waterslide in summer, a steam bath, sauna, solarium, and beauty center. All bookings are all-inclusive. Food is excellent. It’s open summer and winter. For your winter vacation, the hotel is located right next to the ski gondola which is taking you to the Achensee Christlum family ski area.
Gmünd 45, 6281 Gerlos, Austria
Wonderful family and wellness resort including an outdoor and indoor swimming pool, a fitness center, a wellness area and in summer a vast playground for kids. There is an adult-only spa tower with a rooftop hot tub and sauna, a library, fitness room spread over 5 floors. It’s in the middle of a skiing and hiking paradise with access to the Gerlos’ skiing area closeby.
Trebesing-Bad 1, 9852 Trebesing, Austria
Fully dedicated to families with babies and children, this hotel offers a ski school, wellness center, and a spa area for kids. The spa area boasts with a heated outdoor pool, a baby pool, jacuzzi, steam bath, sauna, and a 350 feet long water slide. There is also a swim school, and child care is provided 7 days per week. There is also a small zoo outside.
Karl-Flieher Str. 1, 5700 Zell am See, Austria
This family paradise features a huge indoor fun park with slides, caves, climbing towers, as well as a Dolby Surround cinema. Facilities are open 7 days a week. Parents together with their children can enjoy the large family space area with a family sauna and indoor pool. The hotel is located in the Hohe Tauern, with easy access to the Schmittenhöhe Ski Area and Lake Zell (Zell am See). The hotel takes the kids to a Kinderskiland with a shuttle. Ski courses and ski passes are available at the hotel.
Greit 1, 6532 Ladis, Austria
Located in Ladis within the vacation region Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis, this 4-star hotel offers a great outdoor pool and a spa area with an indoor pool. Shuttle buses can take you to the Sonnenbahn Ladis-Fiss Cable Car for skiing in winter and hiking in summer. The spa area has a steam bath, sauna, and sun beds. There is a billiard table and ping pong on site. Ski passes can be bought at the hotel.
Wald Kugelgasse 15, 6471 Arzl im Pitztal, Austria
You can’t book this hotel without children. It’s located in Arzl im Pitztal, featuring an indoor pool, a garden, kids club, fitness center, and a restaurant. Pitztal is famous for its hiking and skiing areas (and BTW for its huge pizzas as well). There is a nice playground and a ping pong table. There are gluten-free and vegan options for breakfast.
Kameritsch 8, 9620 Hermagor, Austria
All-inclusive hotel for children near the Nassfeld ski area. The heated outdoor pool with waterslide is open from May to October. The hotel also features an indoor pool, and a spa with an outdoor sauna and panoramic views. In winter, skiing lessons can be booked right at the hotel. There is a shuttle bus which takes the kids to the slopes. The spacious rooms all come with a balcony or terrace.
Bad 19, 9852 Trebesing, Austria
With its over 20-years experience as a Kinderhotel, it features a children’s cinema and theater, a heated outdoor pool with large sunbathing lawn. There is a fitness center and a spa with sauna, steam bath, and an infrared sauna. There are swimming classes and massages for babies. There is childcare 7 days a week. The hotel is located in Trebesing in the Carinthia’s Lieser Valley with its pretty surroundings.